STEP 1: Create a Page
Start Notion and create a new page. Let’s call it “NeuraCache Samples”.
Typically you would make a separate page for a book, article, or lecture 👍
STEP 2: Create flashcards
Now, let’s create a flashcard using a Notion toggle.
Create a toggle by starting with a “>” character.
That is the easiest way. You can also use "/" or "+" on mobile and find "Toggle List".
Put the question as the toggle and the answer as content under the toggle 👀 👇
- The answer can have multiple blocks, images, lists, code blocks, and latex.
So real-life flashcards could look like this 👇 (tap on the > toggle to expand)
git reset HEAD^
Around 81 000 to 138 000 people die each year
Done. We have a flashcard 👍
Important: The toggles need to be at the top level of the page. They cannot be nested under other blocks — otherwise NeuraCache won’t be able to find them.
STEP 3: Connect your page to NeuraCache
Use this quick tutorial to connect you page 👉 How to Connect Page/Database
STEP 4: Observe the page from the NeuraCache app
Now that we have connected a page with the NeuraCache integration — let’s sync it from the NeuraCache app.
- Open the NeuraCache app
- Go to Notion Section and tap “Notion Pages”
- Search for the “NeuraCache Samples” page (or the name you used)
- Toggle “Sync” on
- Close the “Notion Pages” selector and tap “Sync” button
All Done 👌
You can review your cards using the "Today's Queue" or the "Decks" tab.
The cards will come back to you automatically using Spaced Repetition algorithm. NeuraCache will reflect changes (new/update/delete toggles) after the next sync.
See the video below 👀
- Once you have synced the page — NeuraCache syncs changes every ~6 hours in the background.
- You can always force the sync manually with the sync button or by pulling down the “Cards” tab. The cards will be added to your “Today’s Queue” automatically.